Inspirational Songs: Music Heals
I thought that I would continue this post because I know that music has strong healing powers for some people. Who doesn’t like to listen to a good song?
1. Forgiven – Reliant K
2. Peace in the Valley – Kevin Costner
3. Fin – Anberlin
4. Love Saves the Day – Piotr Rubik
5. Savin’ Me – Nickelback
6. How Deep the Water Runs – Kevin Costner
7. The Unwinding Cable Car – Anberlin
8. I Was Here – Beyonce
9. Lose Yourself – Eminem
10. Savior – Black Veil Brides
11. Never Give In – Black Veil Brides
12. Second and Sebring – Of Mice and Men
13. Someone Somewhere – Asking Alexandria
14. This Song Saved my Life – Simple Plan
15. You are the Heart – Blood on the Dance Floor
16. The Good Life – Valencia
17. How to Save a Life – The Fray
18. Eyes Open -Taylor Swift
19. Tied Together With a Smile – Taylor Swift
20. Beautiful – Christina Aguilera
21. Who You Are – Jessie J
22. This is Love – The Script
23. The Fighter – Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder
24. Perfect- P!nk
25. Who Says – Selena Gomez
26. Firework – Katy Perry
27. Hey You – Miranda Cosgrove
28. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
29. Only You Can Be You – Cymphonique Miller
30. Little Things – One Direction
31. Freckles – Natasha Bedingfield
32. Imagine – John Lennon
33. I Believe I Can Fly – R. Kelly
34. One – U2
35. Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
36. Mean Girls – Rachel Crow
37. Let it Be – The Beatles
38. Times – Tenth Avenue North
39. By Your Side – Tenth Avenue North
40. Stars – David Crowder Band
41. The Sun Will Rise – Kelly Clarkson
42. Stand – Rascal Flatts
43. You Are Loved (Don’t Give Up) – Josh Groban
44. Hero – Mariah Carey
45. When You Believe – Whitney Houston ft. Mariah Carey
46. Where the Streets Have No Name – U2
47. The Climb – Miley Cyrus
48. You Can Come to Me – Ross Lynch and Laura Marano
49. Changed – Rascal Flatts
50. I Won’t Let Go – Rascal Flatts
51. Believe – Brooks and Dunn
52. I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
53. Need You Now – Plumb
54. Lost – Michael Bublé
55. Marching On – OneRepublic
56. Heroes – David Bowie
57. Brave – Sara Bareilles
58. Little Wonders – Rob Thomas
59. Whip It – Love and Death
60. Hope – We Came As Romans
61. Son of Venice – Upon This Dawning
62. Same Love – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert
63. I Lived – OneRepublic
64. Strong Enough to Save – Tenth Avenue North
Thank you to everyone that contributed to the list!
Please, feel free to add more songs! We want to know what songs give you hope.
A Battle Against Pain
By Krista Zimmerman
The pain is stronger than ever before,
Buried deep inside – it yearns to exist no more!
The heart beats faster, faster, faster –
As the knife draws closer, closer, closer!
One jab away from the end,
No pain will ever be felt again!
A voice can be heard deep inside.
It pleads for me not to run and hide.
It says that someday I can win this war,
Alas, the clanging sound signifies a battle that has been won – all the more,
Just as I back away and throw my knife down to the floor!
We wanted to include some writing on “enjoy the small moments” this month, specifically because many people don’t have them to enjoy. I have spent so much time trying to write a poem or a story before I realized this: small moments aren’t meant to tell stories. They are meant to be those few minutes in time that you are the happiest, the most empathetic you’ve ever been for no particular reason. It’s singing at the top of your lungs, car stereo blasting. It’s laughing hysterically for no apparent reason and not being able to stop. It’s coming in after a long workout, muscles aching, and drinking the best cup of water that you’ve ever had. It’s having a little brother or sister, niece or nephew who falls asleep in the car, and for a moment, looks so peaceful and innocent that it makes you want to cry. It’s making dinner with your family. It’s knowing every line of a movie and quoting it with your best friend. It’s drinking hot tea on a rainy day while being read to. It’s dinner time conversations and witty comments and driving barefoot and playing UNO for four hours and dancing idiotically and every single moment, every single memory that stays with you for a lifetime, even more than those long vacations and the planned parties. It is every moment that you don’t expect to be brilliant but is, every moment that seems perfectly normal at the time then becomes the most treasured moment that you have years later. It is all of those moments that make you learn to love life and to KNOW that every moment counts. It is love and life and utter joy. It can’t be captured in a picture or a story or a poem, but it will be captured in your essence for existence. I only hope that you savor those moments while they last — that is what “enjoying the small moments” is all about.
21,000 children die every single day. I was going to open up this issue with what I typically right, such as the statistics about poverty, but I don’t think anything is going to capture your attention like that fact. And poverty is certainly worthy of your attention. 21,000 children starve to death, die from an untreated disease, or die from some other poverty-related problem that could have been fixed every single day . Now that I have caught your attention, I hope you continue reading as we learn how we can prevent that number.