Month: October 2012
Please remember that you can tell about your bullying story from now until the next issue is released on November 1st! You can give someone who is bullied hope. To turn in your story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also where you can send us any of your comments if you don’t want to post them in public.
We need to know:
- What did you like about this issue?
- What didn’t you like about this issue?
- What do you want to see more of?
- Is there anything specific that you want us to include or talk about?
The next issue will be on body/self image, and it will be released on November 1st!
Courage for Tomorrow
Hello, and welcome to Courage for Tomorrow. My name is Alex, and I am the creator of this magazine. I did not come up with the idea for the magazine on my own, though. I was reading Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti when the idea struck. See, the main characters were making a magazine, a newspaper, that would be used to tell the stories of people who were affected by suicide. It was used to remind people that they are not alone. I thought that was a beautiful idea. How great would it be, I thought, if there was a magazine or newspaper that could help people with all conflicts. People could share their stories. I was in love with the idea that I could make something that would make people happy. So, here we are. Honestly, we are barely anything currently. I believe that we are going to grow, though. I believe that we have the power to help people. By “we,” I don’t just mean the magazine. Everyone has the power to help someone, even if it is merely brightening someone’s day. That is my mission.
This magazine would not be anything without my wonderful writers and my magnificent editor. We won’t go anywhere, though, without you, the viewer. Please, help us spread the message!
So, remember: someone loves you, even if you don’t know it, and even if you can’t feel it. You are worthy of being the right way, and you deserve nothing less. No one is ever alone. You can always, always, find the courage to face tomorrow. Just know, that through any conflicts that you may have, we will help you in any way we can.
With hope, Alex Stepp
Courage for Tomorrow
Here are several songs that might inspire people who have been hurt emotionally:
1. Forgiven by, Reliant K
2. Peace in the Valley by, Kevin Costner
3. Fin by, Anberlin
4. Love Saves the Day by, Piotr Rubik
5. Savin’ Me by, Nickelback
6. How Deep the Water Runs by, Kevin Costner
7. Unwinding Cable Car by, Anberlin
8. I Was Here by Beyonce
9. Lose Yourself by Eminem
10. Savior – Black Veil Brides
11. Never Give In – Black Veil Brides
12. Second and Sebring – Of Mice and Men
13. Someone Somewhere – Asking Alexandria
14. This Song Saved my Life – Simple Plan
15. You are the Heart – Blood on the Dance Floor
16. The Good Life – Valencia
17. How to Save a Life – The Fray
18. Eyes Open -Taylor Swift
19. Tied Together With a Smile – Taylor Swift
20. Beautiful – Christina Aguilera
21. Who You Are – Jessie J
22. This is Love – The Script
23. Fighter – Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder
24. Perfect- P!nk
25. Who Says – Selena Gomez
26. Firework – Katy Perry
27. Hey You – Miranda Cosgrove
28. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
29. Only You Can Be You – Cymphonique Miller
Thank you to everyone that contributed to the list!
Please, feel free to add more songs! We want to know what songs give you hope.